What is Bootstrap?
- Bootstrap is a free front-end framework for faster and easier web development.
- Bootstrap is a free and open-source front-end web framework for designing websites and web applications.
- Bootstrap is a free and open-source front-end library for designing websites and web applications.
- Bootstrap also gives you the ability to easily create responsive designs.
Difference Between Bootstrap 3 & Bootstrap 4
Bootstrap 4 is the newest version of Bootstrap; with new components, faster stylesheet and more responsiveness.
Bootstrap 4 supports the latest, stable releases of all major browsers and platforms. However, Internet Explorer 9 and down is not supported.
Advantages of Bootstrap 4?
- Easy to use: Anybody with just basic knowledge of HTML and CSS can start using Bootstrap 4
- Responsive features: Bootstrap’s responsive CSS adjusts to phones, tablets, and desktops
- Mobile-first approach: In Bootstrap 4, mobile-first styles are part of the core framework
- Browser compatibility: Bootstrap 4 is compatible with all modern browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 10+, Safari, and Opera)
From Where to Get Bootstrap 4?
There are two ways to start using Bootstrap 4 on your own web site.
- Include Bootstrap 4 from a CDN
- Download Bootstrap 4 from getbootstrap.com
Bootstrap 4 CDN
If you don’t want to download and host Bootstrap 4 yourself, you can include it from a CDN (Content Delivery Network).
<!-- Latest compiled and minified CSS -->
<!-- jQuery library -->
<!-- Popper JS -->
Downloading Bootstrap 4
If you want to download and host Bootstrap 4 yourself, go to https://getbootstrap.com/, and follow the instructions there.
Create First Web Page With Bootstrap 4
1. Add the HTML5 doctype
Bootstrap 4 uses HTML elements and CSS properties that require the HTML5 doctype.
Always include the HTML5 doctype at the beginning of the page, along with the lang attribute and the correct character set:
2. Bootstrap 4 is mobile-first
Bootstrap 4 is designed to be responsive to mobile devices. Mobile-first styles are part of the core framework.
To ensure proper rendering and touch zooming, add the following <meta> tag inside the <heada> element:
The width=device-width part sets the width of the page to follow the screen-width of the device (which will vary depending on the device).
The initial-scale=1 part sets the initial zoom level when the page is first loaded by the browser.
Bootstrap 4 also requires a containing element to wrap site contents.
There are two container classes to choose from:
The .container class provides a responsive fixed width container
The .container-fluid class provides a full width container, spanning the entire width of the viewport
Two Basic Bootstrap 4 Pages
The following example shows the code for a basic Bootstrap 4 page (with a responsive fixed width container):
code for a basic Bootstrap 4 page with a full width container:
- Industrial Exhibition in Surat (13-15 December 2019)
- How .NET MVC Framework saves the time & cost in developing cutting-edge Web Development?
- Android P Developer Preview is Available: Take a Look What’s New and How Can You Download
- Learn Setting Up Python Environment
- Get Started With Bootstrap 4: An Amazing Front-end Framework
- Google Lens is Ready to Rock Every Android Device with Google Photos
- Microsoft's New CEO: Satya Nadella's Top 10 to-do List
- Facebook's Plan to Conquer the World of Mobile Applications
- Android Facebook Login Tutorial